1. These Terms and Conditions apply to written or oral contracts made between Chinese-Version ("CV") and its clients ("Customer/s") with respect to CV's services. They are accepted by the Customer on placing an order and apply for the duration of the translation in question. CV is wholly owned by Vision Century Co.
2. CV's General Terms and Conditions ("General Terms) apply exclusively; any other terms or conditions of business will not be recognized by the company. Any ancillary agreements deviating from or in addition to these General Terms must be made in written form. If individual clauses herein are rendered void, this will not affect the remaining clauses. If a clause is rendered invalid, a substitute clause that comes as close as possible to the intended purpose of the voided one will go into effect. Furthermore, any changes or additions to these General Terms must be made in writing. CV's General Terms shall apply even if CV is aware that the Customer's own terms and conditions are contrary to or deviate from its own.
3. Any lodging of complaints, setting of deadlines, demands for subsequent improvements, notification of flaws in work and declaration made by the Customer must be made to CV in writing.
1. CV's quotations are based on files or samples made available by Customer to CV represent estimates only, do not form part of the contract and cannot be founded upon by the Customer in any subsequent dispute. The price for the services shall be fixed once CV issued an invoice to the Customer.
2. Where the text to be translated is of a highly technical or specialized nature, the rate of charge will be increased to an appropriate agreed rate whenever CV becomes aware of the nature of the text.
3. A quotation can usually be drawn up within two working days of receipt of the source document, is normally made in USD and is valid for a period of 14 days. It may be submitted to the Customer by mail, fax or e-mail.
4. Interpretation, proofreading and editing and consultation work is invoiced according to the amount of time spent on the task.
1. CV is able to translate texts created based on the following format: Adobe's PDF [default format] Text, Rich text format (RTF), Microsoft Word Format (DOC), Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Help File (chm), Graphical format (jpg, gif, bmp, etc), VB Script/ Java Script in HTML, Database format (mdb, xml, excel, etc.)
2. Graphical Translation, software interface and additional file formats (e.g. for use on an Apple Macintosh) can be processed in special cases.
1. Prior to or on commissioning the order, the Customer must inform CV of any special requirements regarding the form in which the translation is to be made or saved (number of copies required, layout and purpose of the translation, copies on data storage media, etc.).
2. On commissioning the order the Customer must provide CV with any information and supporting documentation necessary to perform the translation (corporate glossaries and other special terminology, abbreviations lists, relevant illustrations and tables, etc.) of its own accord.
3. CV shall not be liable for any errors or delays resulting from the Customer/s failure to fulfill these obligations.
1. Orders will not be officially accepted by CV until it has checked the text and agreed on a delivery date with the Customer. CV is under no legal obligation to commence projects immediately, regardless of their urgency for the Customer.
2. Translations and editing shall be performed according to generally accepted professional standards. If the Customer does not provide any supporting documentation or give any specific instructions, any technical terminology occurring will be translated using terms that are in common use, lexically justifiable and generally comprehensible.
3. CV is entitled to engage the services of third parties to carry out its business operations whenever it deems this expedient. Contact between the Customer and a third party engaged by CV will not be granted unless CV gives its express consent. As a rule, the business relationship is solely between the Customer and CV.
4. CV is not responsible for flaws in translations which resulted from source texts that are difficult to read, incorrect or incomplete or from Customer terminology that is semantically incorrect or contains other mistakes.
5. The Customer must notify CV in writing of any apparent errors in translations within two weeks of receiving them. Otherwise the assertion of any warranty claims will be ruled out.
6. Compliance with the delivery date of the translation is determined by the date on which the translation or edited text is sent to the Customer
1. CV shall maintain secrecy with regard to all facts and information made known to it in connection with its work for the Customer.
2. If the Customer deems it necessary for collaboration, CV shall undertake to withhold any internal information pertaining to the Customer by signing a non- disclosure agreement (NDA).
3. If CV deems it expedient to engage a third party in order to render a service to the Customer and an NDA exists between the Customer and CV, CV shall require the third party to sign a similar or identical agreement to ensure confidentiality.
1. The cost of the service rendered and any attendant costs shall generally be billed to the Customer upon completion and delivery of the order.
2. In the case of large-scale orders, CV is entitled to demand that installments be paid at agreed intervals for the services already rendered. The continuation of such orders depends on the prompt payment of the installment by the Customer. If payment is delayed, CV is entitled to discontinue the order until the installment has been paid. CV assumes no liability for any consequences resulting for the Customer because an order was justifiably discontinued as a result of delayed installment payments.
Payment must be made within 14 days following the date of the invoice. Make all payments to: Vision Century Co. at Flat A, 1st Floor, Edmunds Mansion, 233-235 Fa Yuen Street, MongKok, Kowloon, Hong Kong . Bank of China (HK branch); bank account#: 012-928-9-2027132
1. In the case of gross negligence and/or criminal intent on its part, CV is liable for a reasonable sum not exceeding five times the amount of the invoice. If the Customer wishes the liability risk to be increased, an appropriate agreement between CV and the Customer must be made in writing before the start of the order. In the case of slight negligence, CV is not to be held liable unless substantial contractual duties have been violated.
2. CV assumes no liability for damage to or loss of materials provided by the Customer. The Customer must ensure that it has an adequate supply of backup copies of any data given to CV.
1. All orders and any claims resulting from them are subject to Hong Kong common law.
2. The place of jurisdiction is the location of CV's company headquarters. We strike our best to deliver high translation Quality to our customer worldwide. For any kind of translation Service and further enquiry, please contact us.